Saturday, November 27, 2004

Tube freight transport revisited

Just want to relate an interesting experience with image streaming (IS). I went to visualise a sustainable society which handled logistics effectively.
What I found was a city with underground tubeways, sending pallets on trucks in capsules. the trucks were powered by compressed air.

"What IS this?" I thought. Carried on anyway.

Doing my research I found that this solution was invented back in the 1800's there are many web sites on the solution and NEW YORK City has just commissioned a study on using the solution.


try this lnk

My relections. I had not heard of this before, but looking at the diagrams on the website it was just what I had envisaged in the IS. So I did not "invent" anything new. But at least I quickly learned about the solution and took it on board. So IS functions like a kind of accelerated learning.

Click on the link to learn more about Image Streaming

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites